When purchasing a home for the first time, its a daunting prospect. There is so much information about when to buy, what to buy and where to buy. We have cut through the noise and provided First Home Buyers with 8 essential questions to consider when purchasing.
- Are my motivations to purchase genuine? Am I purchasing because I have been told now is the time to buy.
- Should I purchase a new property or established? I have been told I must purchase a new property now to make sure I receive my first home owners grant.
- If purchasing established property should I purchase a renovated home or one that I can renovate myself? I have watched The Block and it doesn’t look that hard.
- Should I purchase a unit or a house? I can’t afford a house in my desired location so I thought I would buy a unit to get into the market.
- What are the other costs I need to consider when purchasing?
- My parents have offered to go guarantor? Is it true when the value of the property rises they will no longer need to be guarantor.
- Should I purchase with a short term view of renting out this property and then buying my dream property? The property market always seems to be rising. It is therefore only a matter of time before I have enough equity to buy my next property.
- If building a new home should I include a high standard of finish so the property is more marketable?
Contact Nathan on firstname.lastname@example.org for your Free First Home Buyers Consultation. We will provide some educated guidance to assist in the purchase of your first home.